Create a New Bookings Calendar
To create a new booking calendar, go to Tasks, and click on the Bookings tab. All your bookings reside here.
Clicking on New Booking + button will open the Booking window. There are three key categories (tabs) in a Booking Calendar.
Under the Setup tab, you can set the following basic information:
- Booking Name
- Group in which the task will be created
- Task Template to use for task creation. It allows you a refined control of the task properties, pre-attached forms, customer experience, crew experience, and dispatch options.
- Category of Contact: Customer or Lead
- Timezone to use for this booking. If you would like the customers to view the calendar in the selected timezone instead of their time zone, you can check “Use selected timezone for Booking Page.”
- Booking Notifications to allow internal notifications. The selected message will be sent to the provided email addresses when a slot is booked in this calendar.
The Schedule tab allows you to customize the time slots available to your customers to book throughout the week.
In the Schedule tab, Arrivy will inherit the default settings from the template selected in the setup. Note that this feature will use the workdays and work hours you would have set for your account (Setting>Basic Settings).
The details of what the settings help you do are as follows:
- Task Duration creates a task of the duration selected.
- Buffer between tasks creates empty buffer spaces between the ending and starting times of slots.
- Number of tasks per slot allows the creation of multiple tasks per time slot. This will be useful for you if you can cater to numerous customers during a time.
- Minimum booking notice is the minimum amount of time required between slot booking and slot start time.
- Maximum bookings per day is an upper limit on the number of bookings in a day.
- Maximum booking notice is the maximum time ahead to book a slot.
- Allow Reschedule up to is the time window prior to which rescheduling is allowed.
- Allow Cancel up to is the time window prior to which cancel is allowed.
- Working Hours allows you to customize the working hours each weekday. If you want to change the duration of a single working day, you can edit the fields next to the specific day. You can copy the same settings to all workdays by clicking on the “Apply to all” button or can set the custom settings for the available times for each weekday.
- Breaks: allow you to set a break time during each day to prevent slots at that time. You can copy the same settings to all workdays by clicking on Apply to all buttons or set custom settings for each weekday’s break time.
The Booking Page tab allows you to customize the content of the booking page for your customers.
The basic settings of the booking page are:
- Title of the booking
- Description of the booking
Note that this information is visible to the customer in their booking flow.
There is a form that you can customize to capture any necessary details of the booking. These could be contact details for job-specific properties. Arrivy will provide you with a default form for booking, and you can choose to edit that too if you want. Click on Save, and you will see the new booking calendar.
Next, you can copy the link to the booking by clicking on the link button, send the link to the customer through your media choice (Email or Text), and they can book an appropriate slot. The completed Booking Form will be available on the Live Track Page. If you would like to hide the Booking Form, you can check “Hide Completed Booking Form on Customer Live Track Experience.”
When your customer books a slot, Arrivy creates a task with the information supplied in the booking form, i.e., date, times, etc.