Templates and Statuses Settings
Templates represent different types of tasks done by a business. Different tasks call for different kinds of customers message and different actions from your field team and/or Scheduler. Those different actions are represented by different “Statuses,” such as “Ready for Pickup,” “Moving to Storage,” etc. You can customize customer messages and applicable statuses for each template.
The Template List is accessed directly from The Templates and Statuses Settings page.
To edit a Template, simply click on its name. This will open the Edit Template page.
The Edit Template page has 5 sections:
- Template information
- Customer Messages
- Auto-Start/Auto-Complete settings
- Extra Fields
- Statuses Panel
Template Info, Customer Messages, Auto-Start/Auto-Complete
The top sections of the Edit Template form contain a variety of information:
- Template information: Template name and description
- Customer Messages: Allows you to assign either System or custom messages to Arrivy events such as scheduling/rescheduling Tasks
- Auto-Start/Auto-Complete settings: Lets you enable/disable Arrivy’s auto-detection of Start and Complete events, and the settings that govern how long the system will pause before marking those events. For more information about Auto-Start and Auto-Complete, see https://help.arrivy.com/tasks-in-progress/auto-events/ .
Arrivy’s Extra Fields feature let you include additional information that the field crew can access from the details panel in the Arrivy mobile apps. Often this information is financially-oriented such as “truck_rate,” but Extra Fields provides the ability to support four data types: text, number, date and boolean (true/false). When added to a template, these fields will be available on the Task Details page of any Task that uses this template.
The Statuses Panel provides a tool for specifying which Statuses are available for jobs using this template, and how those options appear, behave and message. The Status Panel consists of two sections:
- Active Statuses which lists the Status buttons available in this template
- Available Statuses which lists all Statuses that can be used
To add a Status to this Template, simply drag it from Available Statuses to Active Statuses. Once you update the Template, this new Status will appear on mobile apps and in the Task>Status page in your browser, for Tasks that use this Template.
There are a variety of actions you can take on Active Statuses
- Click and drag the hamburger menu to rearrange elements on the Active Status panel. This will change the order in which the Statuses appear on mobile and web apps
- Click the x icon to delete the Status
- Click the down arrow to view Status options.
Please note that options may be different for different Status types. If there is a particular Status that you would like to use in your business, please contact us at email@example.com. Elements available as Status Options are:
- Status Name and Description: The Status Name is the text that appears on the Status button and Description is explanatory text that describes this button’s function within the Active Statuses area
- Status Type is currently non-editable, and governs that options that are available for this Status
- Customer message: Clicking this Status button can generate a customer SMS and/or email. The message selected in this menu is the one that is sent. It is usually specified as a custom message
- Requires Signature presents a signature area on the mobile app and stores a customer signature as part of the Task record. Requires estimate provides a numeric field for storing a job estimate
- Status color is the highlight color used in the button and in messages related to this Status. This is useful for easy identification of Task progress
- Visible to Customer indicates whether this Status will be seen in the customer’s view of the job or only in Crew and Scheduler views
Notifications are one of the most powerful features of Arrivy. They let crew and Dispatch know what important status changes are occurring. However, not every status change is a notification-worthy event. Today, Crew and Dispatch are bombarded with messages, making it difficult to draw attention to the truly important status changes.
Arrivy lets you set the priority for status changes: Urgent, High, Medium, Low. Arrivy will take different actions depending on the importance of the status change:
Please note that these notifications are for internal team members, only. Customers are sent messages according to the Communications settings in Task Details (email, SMS) and the messages linked to events and status changes in the Template for their job.
We have given you control over setting the priority of status changes by creating an additional control within the Template Settings area of the application. Note that you can set 2 different priorities for each status–a normal priority, and a priority if the status change occurs on the day of the Task. For example, a “reschedule” event normally has a medium priority, but on the Task date the priority is high, ensuring that Dispatch and Crew will get immediate notifications.
Using Statuses to Track Time and Mileage
When you mark a Task complete, Arrivy generates a summary table on the Task Status page that lists the time and mileage between status milestones. By default, the summary tracks those metrics between the “On our way,” “Start,” and “Complete” status markers.
The Track Time/Mileage column on the Status Settings tab lets you track those metrics between any designated status changes. For example, if you’re a moving company and you need to drop off a load to storage, you can designate the Moving to Storage status as one for which time and mileage is tracked.
Upon completion of this kind of a job, the summary table would resemble the example below.