Monitoring via Dashboard and Activity Feed
Arrivy was designed to enhance the “last mile” experience for home service businesses and their customers. The Scheduler or Dispatcher plays a central role in the coordination of field personnel and customers. Arrivy has a wealth of tools that help Schedulers keep abreast of what’s happening in the field and help automate customer and crew communications.
As its name implies, the Dashboard is one of the primary tools that helps Arrivy-powered companies understand what jobs are in process, where the crew is located and how jobs are progressing.
The Dashboard can be viewed as a “flat” collection of Tasks, or in “Route” view, where all Task with the same team members are grouped together. In Route view, the map shows all the stop crew members will make.
Accessible via the main navigation, the Dashboard has two main sections—the Task List and the Map.
The Task List
The Task List on the left provides a concise view of the day’s jobs, who is staffing them. Each item shows:
- Task title, customer name and address
- Scheduled start time
- Current status (e.g. Started, Cancelled, Completed) – the status is typically set by crew members in the field
- Crew – photos are provided if specified in the Team member details
Clicking on the Task will open the Task Details and Status dialog, which provides more comprehensive information on the job. While the Task Details pane is used primarily for scheduling a job, the Task Status is extremely useful during a job, as it provides a communications and archiving capabilities. For more information on Task Details, see https://help.arrivy.com/tasks-and-calendar/creating-editing-tasks/
To access the Task Status page, click on the Task of interest, and then click on the “Status” Nav item (#1 below)
Task Status elements are:
- Status Navigation item, for making the Status pane active
- Status buttons for signaling a change in status
- The Task Journal which lists all the status and task changes, chronologically, as they occur throughout a job
- The Note area for creating notes associated with a task. Notes can be made private (only viewable within the company) by using the “Add Note” button. Or, they can be shared with the customer using the “Add Customer Note” button.
- Attachments link allows you to attach files associated with a job.
As noted, all Journal entries—including photos, notes and attachments—are archived with the job and are available as long as you are subscribed to Arrivy.
You can apply Filters to limit the scope of both the Task List and the Map View. This is useful—for example—if you want to see all of the completed jobs, or to identify where a particular crew member is located.
The Map shows you where all your personnel are at any given time, as well as the location of today’s jobs. Each marker in the shape of the “Arrivy logo” indicates the location of a team member. Each circular, colored icon indicates a customer location. Clicking on any icon will present additional information on either the Task or Team member.
Crew member locations are identified using the location services of the phone or tablet device the crew member is using. In order for location-tracking to work, crew members must:
- Be listed as a Team member in Arrivy (under the “Team” Nav item)
- Create an Arrivy account
- Download the Arrivy iOS or Android app
The Activity Feed & Task Messages
Arrivy’s Activity Feed provides a live view of up-to-the-minute status changes across all of your active tasks. It’s objective is to help everyone reduce the number of phone calls they have to make to find out job status. The Activity Feed can be shown or hidden by clicking on the arrow icon next to the text, “Recent Activities” in the upper right corner of the screen. Essentially, the Activity feed includes all the information posted to Task Journals for all Tasks. This includes:
- Manual changes to status, posted by crew members (e.g. Start, Complete, Notes)
- The creation of new tasks
- Changes in personnel assignments
- Changes in task times/dates
- Cancellations or task deletions
All entries are time-stamped. The Activity Feed is available from any screen within Arrivy and is probably the best way to stay abreast of changes on a busy day.
The activity feed displays all task status changesThe Task Messages feature–adjacent to the Activity feed–gives instant access to the Journal and direct message features of all the day’s Tasks. It can be accessed directly from the Activity/Message icons in the upper right, or it can be invoked by clicking on the chat icon on each Task card. This interface provides access to the complete suite of Task Journal functionality, including the ability to send “system messages” (e.g. Task Rescheduled), direct customer messages and private messages between crew and Dispatch.